Monday 12 April 2010

The East Coast Sessions - Noosa/ Australia Zoo

6. Noosa

Next stop Noosa. The bus driver from Brisbane was certainly no competition for Disco at all, he started out an hour late then just got more hapless from there, he didn't have a clue how to take the bags off the bus properly added an easy 45 minutes on, it was fucking baffling watching him go round in circles. It was cool to see some familiar faces on the bus from Byron and Surf Camp, shame the majority were getting off at other drop points in Brisvegas but Katie was at least joining me onto Noosa. I'm getting blinder by the day so wasn't quite sure if the girl who asked to sit next to me was the same one from my room in Base who was very quiet, i'd tried conversations there but it was all mega fail and pretty much the same again, she even moved onto a free seat after the first stop off, fair play. However at lunch i was in Subway and she was all "Hey I know you", so I sat with her and she was suddenly incredibly chatty, it was like being with a different person.Strange, strange, strange. She did basically say that in Brisbane she couldn't be arsed at all and was having one of those periods where you just don't want to make any effort with people at all which is fair enough, as it does get mentally tiring being "on" all the time and we all do get them phases. I think Lee and I couldn't be arsed with any new people the last few weeks in Bedlam unless they brought something special to the table, this rarely happened.
It didn't take long to arrive in Noosa and what i told would be standard for the rest of the coast up to Cairns it was a pretty small place, albeit rather nice. The bars do shut at ten though (the few that they are) but the beautiful beaches more than make up for that. My hostel was a bit out of the way from them but the shuttles ran frequently and for free so that was no biggy. My room was an eight bed dorm and thank god a lot more sociable then the prison system that is Base. There was a guy there who'd stayed at Bedlam, some english who were all spot on and a guy from Canada who was a massive tosspot. Massive. The Canadian girls are fine but everyone else from North America are just the most annoying pieces of shit on the planet. This guy was a bit older then most and I noticed he'd had his face smashed in by someone but didn't bother prying. Making conversation I mentioned that Alfie was going traveling and skiing in Canada, Wisla was the only one i could think of so i said that. he then spent twenty minutes going on about how he shouldn't go there, the work is terrible, everything is expensive (he started listing prices for everything) and that Colarado and others were so much better and then i got why that was too. I couldn't get the fucker to shut up and just wanted to say mate i'm not even going and i don't know for sure if he is either. Thankfully Ben saved me with an invite to go to the bar for a bit. Unfortunately, this didn't last long at all as the Canadian followed five minutes later, boring everyone with the tale of how he got knocked out and how he was hanging around to go to court, wanting the book thrown at the guy. I mentioned that I have to go to court when i get home for a similar reason so he asked me what happened, I began to oblige before he stopped me ten seconds in saying "Oh wait, I haven't finished yet". Okaaayy. More boring crap followed and when i compared Aussie rules football to British Bulldog back home he wanted to know what it was, so i entertained him again before he stopped me mid sentence to say "The French have some Southern Comfort, lets go there" and stood up. Rude cunt. It took every fibre of my being not to say no wonder you got you're head smashed in you fucking idiot and then elbow him but i'm not in Sydney anymore and must behave so I just walked off. Some people. The mong even asked me if he could join me at the Beach but i was left with no option but to tell him straight that i'd rather sit in solitude then spend five minutes with him. I don't think he was used to hearing that one.
The main reason for heading to Noosa was to visit Steve Irwin's Zoo so off I headed there the next day with an 8:10am pick up time at the bus stop. The couple from my room Sam and Rachel were going too and i met a nice German girl at the bus stop too called Lisa so the two of us just hung around together all day. I'm sure zoo's would be very boring on your own if not with any company whatsoever. I'd also very much doubt i'd spend any period of the day with someone back home who i mer at the metro station or the like, that would be very strange, they'd probably just shout "pervert" if you said hello. It would be awesome if that were possible though.
Straight away you could grasp that this wasn't like Sydney Zoo at all, they did their best to recreate a part of their habitat rather then just wandering about looking at animals going manic in tiny cells. The workers there were all incredibly passionate preaching education, conservation, awareness and activism., you could tell these people would do it for free and genuinely cared. I'd bet they'd be a nightmare down the pub though gan on and on. It took all of the day to see everything and it was a rather enjoyable experience all round i'd say. Watching them feed the crocs is mental though, you can't be sitting on the ground 4 feet away from them taunting it with a dead bird. I fed some elephants which was an experience in itself and just had a pretty good day. Its the usual things, Tigers, fucked up birds, elephants, alligators and all the rest.
I thought Steve Irwin was crazy but his family are worse, the daughter will shill anything from clothes, dvds, cooking shows, dance workouts and just can't get enough of the spotlight. The younger son is definitely going to get jealous and take one of two routes, either be more crazy than his Dad jumping all over the shop or he's going to hit the crack pipe. My money's on the latter. To be fair the majority of dollar they do make does go back into conservation or various charities around the globe and it is too easy to be cynacil. That Bindi needs taking down a peg or two mind.
After the zoo i din't have time to do anything but managed to hit Nossa beach the next day and as standard bumped into Tom who was about 20 metres from me. Another idyllic spot but there's so many you don't miss it.













Song of The Day



I do like George.

No comments:

Post a Comment